19.8.09

Clandestinely lurking about during the twilight hours

As I sat docilely awake on the cusp of the weird hour of waste-oids, the digital workforce, and those manual laborers arising from their slumbers to start their toil as the youth just get into their full swing of super sensory non-sense, I felt strangely at peace. Now, under other circumstances, this may seem odd. To me, though, peaceful states are more aberrational than they are normal.

Had the specific job that I was working on fallen to pot, perhaps I would have unwittingly changed my tune. Not receiving that late night call from a client frantically professing the end of their world is all the thanks I require for a job, not well done, but not done poorly. I needn't be lauded, I simply need not be disturbed when successfully completing a job.

Nevertheless, at that hour, nearing ungodly to the overly dramatic, I accepted my current circumstances. Albeit less than ideal, I will manage with the present situation, for now.

My existence lies in a rather fragile groove, like a roughly hewn, 90 gram vinyl. I sit precariously on a ledge from which I may become unmoored at any instant. My self imposed pressures, and externalities, combine to form an invisible psychic weight that I constantly try to shake. Strides have been made, triggers defended against upon recognition, and growth. Oh, the growth. I have learned to let the a$$holes of the world slide on by on their proverbial 'slip 'n' slides' of feces. I cannot control a$$holes. The reason that most a$$holes cannot be controlled is because: A) They do not recognize that they have a problem; B) They are inconsiderate the feelings of others, and thus would not modify their behaviour if they recognized that they were, in fact, a$$holes; and C) There exists a strain of a$$hole, that knows they are an a$$hole and agitate people simply for kicks. I work with several C) variations. They suck. Yet, they are wonderful training tools. I view their function in life as an entity that forces me to regulate my blood pressure and test my patience so that I evolve into a being of perpetual calm.

So, for now, I am at peace. I intend to remain this way permanently. I will not always be under the exertion of these vile conditions. Perhaps the circumstances grow worse, perhaps they improve. If my microcosm and the daily reports from the world outside are any indication, a$$holery is on the steady rise. Thus, I will need to remain permanently calm to effectively face the daily world. I am doing my best. Gives us a hand would you? Don't be an a$$hole.

Here are some small gestures that one can easily accomplish...

1) Hold a door open. If the person doesn't thank you, tell them that they are welcome, loudly. Condition humans to be considerate again.

2) If someone cuts you off or honks at you, stare them in the face, smile, and give them a thumbs up. Even, and especially, a$$holes need positive encouragement.

3) If someone offends you with an off-cuff comment, explain to them that they are rude, that their parents failed them or that they have forgotten pertinent teachings from their youth, and pat them on the back. Show em' who is boss.

At any rate, I hope this helps you. This is the product of a lucid day vision adapted from a moment of clarity from deep within the peace of night. Cheers.

No comments: