5.4.06

I am a zombified mess!

Is this it? Is this what I have to look forward to? This fucking sucks!

6:30-Wake up!

6:32-I am awake. Kind of.

6:35-press the button on the coffee machine with my elbow with my fingers jammed into my ears because it is a "grind and brew" and it sounds like cats being blended into a frappe. It is fucking lound and far too much to deal with at 6:35.

6:45-likely in the shower. Can't shit because my body is not working. I don't shave unless I have to. Because I am a law student who is not like the genius, robot, monkey slaves, man behind the green curtain gunners who are in the top whatever %, I don't have a job. It doesn't matter that I have some 6 years of actual work experience, because they want to mold you into their pets. I don't have a job for the same reason that the army doesn't want 29 year olds. We don't like to listen and we know what we're doing. Anyway, in the shower it goes like this...
6:46 wash what used to be my hair
6:47-48 wash my body
6:49 wash my face
6:50 brush my teeth, yes in the shower stupid, while all of the scum and filth rinse down to be refiltered as carcinogenic drinking water washes away with my body wash.

6:52-ask my wife where my wedding ring is. I usually keep it on but she makes me take it off when I sleep. I love her, but I don't find this ritual to be necessary.

6:57-after wandering around the house looking for something that I know I need but can't remember what the fuck it was, i sit down for a minute and jam 2 cups of coffee that I load with ice so that it doesn't burn my face. If you drink coffee as fast as I do without ice in it you will not be able to taste anything that you put in your mouth for two days. Furthermore, stringy pieces of flesh hanging from my pallatte and gums will bother me all day, and cause me to lose focus when I should be listening to someone who thinks that what they are saying is important.

7:02-Listening to Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson tell me bullshit stories because they tell the local weather more often than NPR. I don't belive this to be true but I don't argue with anyone this early. Remember ladies...swimsuit season is upon us, don't forget to ask your doctor about how you can shave off the fat underneath your arms. Diane told me!

7:04-put on boxers and think "damn, I wish I had time to eat"

7:05-throw some clothing on and hope that there is not some event which requires me to wear a suit today that I have forgotten about.

7:08-check my planner [lame] and check my e-mail [more lame] to confirm that I am not missing something that I have to do today.

7:10-7:30-dress, misc. zombie motions, hope that I have to shit before I get to school, where the bathrooms smell like "fabreeze dog shit pot pourie."

7:40-7:50-throw everything into my messenger back including 3 books, one computer, assorted highlighters and pens that may or may not work when I need them the most. I should have done this last night, but again, I did not.

7:52-8:00-walk to the train

8:00-wait in hopeful anticipation that I can get an inside seat so some asshold doesn't jam his crotch into my face while reading the newest issue of Maxim to figure out how he can get a date that puts out on the first date and the coolest cars out on the market this year [either a jag or beemer].

8:05-train is late. My time is being wasted.

8:07-train arrives. It looks like the 18-wheeler trucks on the freeway full of cattle. Get on. Everybody on the train hates you. Their jobs suck. Imagine that.

8:08-Business men do not offer their seats to the eldery and the pregnant. Armageddon is nigh. Respect and common deceny was flushed down the toilet this morning with the lost hopes and dreams of every child in the free world.

I haven't even made it to 8:30 and I want to turn around and drink bloody marys until I can't feel my extremeties.

I will finish this posting when my depression subsides.

2 comments:

patrick said...

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - confucius

ryan said...

I feel you. I really do.

one bright note - your description of your day is quite amusing to me, as I site here reading saying. "Dude! I totally know!" or "Oh my gosh! that's me too!"

you know, except for the whole part about having to take the ring off and taking the train and getting to be with my wife and the whole law school thing...

but I feel you.

at least I can now read what you guys are doing over there in central time zone land.

take care bro.