2.3.07

The more that I think of it....

The more our fucked up, unwieldy Federal Government needs to be overhauled. Each State within the Union should be given more individual rights. Look at Europe. My father and mother will not be able to a vacation in Belize and will undoubtedly lose their money because the damned government cannot coordinate multiple departments. Burn them down to the ground and start fresh. The government is dead, long live the government (under new terms).

O.K., the last time I remember my parents taking a vacation, without us kids, is well, I cannot remember them going on vacation period. They took me to Sea World when I was 5 and we went to D.C. when I was 15. Dragging a couple of asshole kids around to the Smithsonian is not, however, my parents idea of a good time. Well, maybe the museum. That would be fun for me at least. Asshole kids I could take or leave. The real rub is that some dickweed aide for Senator Carl Levin promised that he would do what he could to help out. Well, I don't see the proper documentation in the mail, and subsequently, I don't see my parents waiving to me from the wild blue yonder heading off to their anxiously anticipated, long awaited, over needed vacation. Therefore, the crux of this problem, and I will put some onus on my parents for being dilatory in addition to misplacing naturalization papers, but the crux of this problem is the government. Ah, yes...the government.

Our brilliant government. Unlike lawyer's whom everyone hates until they need them, the government is mostly hated by everyone, almost all of the time. My hatred for the government is not borne of jealously nor ignorance. I know my enemy, and this knowledge spurs the hatred.

Want to get something done? Don't ask the government.

Wanna know how much is costs a fella or lady to run for the House or Senate?
http://www.sunlightfoundation.com/watchdogging101/answer/1423

Want some reform in government, limiting expenditures for campaigns is a good start. The McCain/Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Bill did something, but these assholes found ways to make some soft money, instead of hard money. Bunch of pricks found the loopholes, are you surprised, they wrote the laws.

Soft money= money that may indirectly influence federal election but is raised and spend outside the purview of federal law and would be illegal IF spent directly on a federal election.

The idea is that these politicians get soft money which is outside the regulatory reach. Can you believe that I got this tangential on this topic. My apologies. I will tie this back into the topic rather quickly. My point is that these crooked mother fuckers are running the show and don't give a shit about us. Moreover, the legislature drafts these laws by trading clauses with one another and end up convoluted the entire bill which then becomes a law. By the time these bills get passed, if at all, the end result is such a bastardization of the original idea that the idiocy and confusion simply compounds on itself creating a nasty little beast.

Guess what happens next?

Oh this one is a real doozy. These laws, if you want to see how they really get fucked up, are promulgated to the real world by a government agency. Sometimes, these agencies are created by Presidential fiat, sometimes the agencies are further extensions of Congressional Committee, sometimes these agencies are created by Congressional and Presidential appointees. Now, the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of the law, at least they have declared themselves to be the final interpreter since a little case called Marbury vs. Madison. So that means that hundreds of cases come before the Supreme Court with the sole issue of who which branch of government has fucked up and encroached upon the other. The point here is that the President and Congress cannot even always sort out which job they should be doing without accidentally doing the job of the other. This is called Separation of Powers. If the President and Congress cannot even figure out, surprisingly more often than not, who should and should not be doing a specific job, how in the hell are appointees and Federal Agencies with attenuated links to the two groups of ding dongs (Pres. and Con.) supposed to figure it out. Imagine trying to coordinate a bunch of government agencies full of government workers whose motto is "Manana." It ain't going to happen quickly, I can assure you this.

Sound muddy yet? Try getting some answers from some dick, who works for some bigger dick, who has to call a group of dicks, who work in a back room for another dick, working for some dick, appointed to his job by some dick he went to Yale with, who was appointed by our dick of a President. Sounds like to many dicks to get anything done except, no pun intended, pointing a dick at another dick, while both dicks say "Not our job."

So, you see my frustration. And I don't even get to go on Holiday. I do apologize for all of the cursing. I read a quote once that said something to the effect of "Swearing is the ignorant man’s way of getting his point across. Limited vocabulary breeds swearing as there is no other way that the person can express themselves."

However, another brilliant gentleman and scholar, a fellow by the name of Mark Twain said, " Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."

To those who tout the ills of profanity I can only tell you that today and these last two weeks, have certainly qualified at "certain circumstances."

So with that, I feel much better, but I can assure you that my parents to do not. I hope that no one reading these words ever has to deal with the government for any extended period. Good day and good luck.

No comments: