21.6.06

Ayuvedra, Futbol, and Beats

"Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that means "the science of lifespan." The word ayurveda is made up of two roots: ayur means life and veda means knowledge. According to ayurveda, every human being was created by the cosmos as either male energy, Purusha, or female energy, Prakruti. Purusha is choiceless passive awareness, while Prakruti is choiceful active consciousness. A person's self-identify, called Ahamkara, is affected by three universal qualities: satva, rajas, and tamas. Satva equips an individual with the ability to have clarity of perception. Conversely, tamas is responsible for periods of confusion and deep sleep, as well as the tendency towards inertia and darkness. Rajas causes movement, sensations, feelings and emotions, everything that makes us human beings."

Thanks to ***http://library.thinkquest.org/24206/ayurveda-medicine.html

So basically, the human body is made of five elements: Space, Air, Water, Fire, and Earth. While man, and woman, are essentially, a microcosm of nature, three distinct body types exist among humans. Those body types are called DOSHAS. Those doshas explain movement, gesturing, and the metabolic functions of the person. The three doshas are comparable to the pyshchosomatic bodytypes of endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph. Now we get into what two friends have either in the passed or are currently studying as they relate to ayuvedra. I have an friend name Wayne, he should be safe because only his parents call him that, but he studies some far out things. Shamanism, Ayuvedric Medicine, Organic Foods, Meditation, Trancendental Meditation, Yogic Studies, etc. My friend Dee, as I will call her, is studying to help people look and feel beautiful, from the inside out. They call her studies Esthiology and Wellness. She is kinda far out as well. I should introduce them. My wife thinks that It would be hilarious to put them in a room together. They might just float away. They are kind of Airy, or can be. This is a complement. Trust me.

Moving on, the comparable body types in Ayuvedra are Vata ( Sounds like Vah-Tah), Pitta (Sounds like Pih-Tah), and Kapha (Sounds like Kah-Fa). Vata is comprised of Ehter and Air; Pitta of Fire and Water; and Kapha of Water and Earth. According to the religion, or philosophy, or studies, or however, and to what extent
YOU buy into these thoughts, you should lend some creedence to these ideas. Once explained they make a great deal of sense. While each of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, exist in every cell and organ, including the male sperm and female egg, and most people have a mix of doshas, one type is predominant in all humans.

"All in all, while there are only three doshas, there are really seven body types in ayurveda: mono-types (vata, pitta, or kapha predominate), dual-types (vata-pitta, kapha-pitta, or vata-kapha), and equal types (vata, pitta, and kapha in equal proportions). Health occurs in an individual when he or she develops a balance or equilibrium among the three doshas. This equilibium prevents disease and gives the individual a peace of mind."

So, last Saturday, Dee says to me "I think that you are a Pitta." "I say why," and then we got off of topic. But last night, as I sat with Wayne and the wife, after some quite delicious Korean food, I had Bulgogi, they had Bi Bim Bop, Wayne says, "Dude, you are a total Pitta" Well, my intrigue was struck like a heavy minor chord at a 'Slayer' show. So here I am. Let me explain the Pitta body type to you, and those of you that have some idea of who I am can decide.

PITTA: This metabolic type is rather predictable, especially in comparison to the Vata type. A person with a dominant Pitta body type usually has a medium build, is strong, has stamina and endurance, and maintains a stable body weight. Pittas are generally very intelligent (questionable), quick-witted (possibly), and overly critical (fuck you if you think so) : ). They posses little patience (are we done yet?), a short temper (not so much anymore, wanna fight about it?), and may erupt from time to time. Now, the things that are generally going to set our blood to boil and cause us the most aggravation are those things that have a kernal of truth to them. This Pitta thing is a helluva lot closer to describing me than any kind of pseudo new-age star reading bullshit. Any Ayuvedra is probably about 5,000 years old, so hey, they might be on to something. Wayne tells me that I should lay off the salty and spicy foods. As you can guess, they likely exaccerbate any conditions that may result from being a Pitta, hypertension, anxiety, etc. I no longer erupt, that sounds kind of naughty, no? But I do not get so angry anymore. I know people are assholes, why be surprised? But, I have to work on the overly critical. As my loyal 2 readers will attest to, this has a great deal to do with being the "OK" guy, as opposed to the 'awesome,' 'fantastic,' 'sweet' guy. Perhaps if I lower my standards a pinch, I wouldn't be overly critical. I don't demand success, I don't demand perfection. What I do expect is that people try as hard as they can If they are doing something for me, and to a greater extent if they are doing something that they are passionate about. Otherwise, what the fuck is the point. There is a fella that I am related to through two marriages. He is as standup as they come. He just did a triathalon. I don't know why he did it. I guess he was trying to push himself. He damn near came in dead last. But he finished. He took that bastard by the horns and shook its head into submission and he finished. That was awesome, not just ok. So, you see, I am getting much better.

Even with my wife. She is the best lady on the planet. I know that SHE knows that is how I feel, deep down, but she likes to hear me say. Look, I am a man of few words. I didn't used to be, but then I realized that the more people say, in a majority of cirumstances, the dumber they sound. That is not true for some people, but it may very well be true for me, so don't take offense.

Moving on to Futbol. Righteous stuff. I have had the unique opportunity to see many games this cup. The work gig, pretty all right for no pay. the School shit, exactly that. Despite all of this I have watched damn near every 2:00 game. Sweden v. England, Germany v. Poland, Brazil v. Australia, Czech v. Ghana, Italy v. U.S. FUCKING AWESOME. I usually have One Guiness with each game. ONLY 125 calories. BRILLIANT. Anyway, this has been fantastic. I am on a new training kick and I Have found a team. My goal: to qualify for the U.S. 2010 Team and play in South Africa. Yes, I am fully aware of the daunting loftiness of my goal. However, if I train that hard, something good will come of it. Worst case scenario, I become as fit as I was at 17, which is really going to hurt the wife's eyes and my heart. Best case, I am playing in South Africa. That would suck!

Now, and finally. I have been making some music. I am about to have my humdinger of an Ableton box live. Transfering synths to a massive box and midi-synched to all of my gear. I want to play that music so loud that it creates a 'disturbance in the force.' What I really want to tell you all is to go buy the Gnarls Barkley album "St. Elsewhere." It is the BOMB, the Shit, or whatever, people be sayin' these days. Cee-Lo from Goodie Mob and Dangermouse. Off the chain. Buy it.


Konichiwa and Sayonara................................................................................................................................................................................................................Bitches.

1 comment:

ryan said...

I got caught reading this by my boss... I have to stop, but I'll be back later... I hope...