18.6.06

Oh F It.

Fear is not the source of all love.

Organization and minimalist redaction is quite likely the way to happiness.

A clear head is often overrated. A clear body is not.

I called my father for father's day and my brother for his birthday. It felt good. My other brother won't call back. I wish that he would. Apparently his phone is not working, he is living in a distant city away from where he usually lives and has not contacted anyone. He was supposed to join the Army, which is a FUCKING mistake. I don't know what his deal is. I don't know what my deal is. My deal is not great, but it seems better than his at this point. Shit.

Things that make other people happy often make me sad. The rationale behind this opposite effect is simple. When I think of those happy things I immediately think of mine or other people's deaths. Morbid, I know. However, I guess that I am preparing myself for the inevitable. That got me to thinking that maybe I should stop drinking.
Not water and juice, but the booze. Maybe I will just stick to wine. It seems to treat me pretty well. What can I say?

Anyway, I have been doing a great deal of introspective thinking lately. I don't think that I will like working on the weekends very much. It is damn near impossible to work as much as our businesses and firms expect us to. It is bred within the culture to work work and work. Because we work so much, others have to work that much because that is what is expected. It seems however, that the people not working so much are the same folks that bullshit their afternoons away. Do you know what the hard workers get for their efforts? More work and the responsibility to carry the social loafing losers through their careers. Well, I propose that we cut out the fat, find more quality workers, and tighten up the teams with those that can carry their weight. We would have more responsible and responsive workforces and we would have to work less because we would be more efficient in less time.

I just think that I am in kind of a bad place right now and I shouldn't be. Things are going relatively well for me. I am working, for free. Well that is not so great, but the experience is good. I have been training and playing soccer. I have been watching world cup action. Fantastic. I have been hanging out with my wife. But, I cannot help but feel melancholic lately despite these great things...

I told my wife that I want to sell most of my stuff and start training even more. No more cigarettes, less booze, all organic food. I just want to change my life, but I don't want to add anything. I only want to rid myself of what I already have. I don't feel the need to use something external as a crutch for the strength that I have within myself.


I think that is about enough for today.

1 comment:

ryan said...

lorie has been on an organic kick for a while now... I think it's sticking... at least there is heathier food around the house (although we did get new filters for the deep fryer, so I guess any kind of diete is getting blown to hell) in any case - I agree with most of what you say, but the cool thing is, that once you get how to handle the ropes, it's not really that hard and you can get rid of the slackers rather easily (it does take a little bit of effort, but very liberating once you have, trust me)

I've given up giving up on booze btw. sometimes you just gotta drink.