30.6.06

Curbs and Gutters

Curbs and Gutters. Barriers and Runoff. I have been thinking a great deal about what is really going on in life. Seems an awful short run of living to be preoccupied with so much non-sensical bullshit, don't ya' think?

I mean, I have been having waking dreams of instances from my childhood and just past memories lately. It has been fantastic, but time seems to be speeding up. Kind of a drag when you think about it, so I have decided to meditate, and meditate more. My world is my world, my words my words. I can try and explain such things to other people but no one, no one will ever truly understand the full significance of how I see and feel things. No one can. It is not because we don't understand each other, it is simply because human limitations prevent such adequate communication. Until minds can meld, or some similar process where you see the world, YOUR WORLD, from another person's complete bio-mental-physical viewpoint, communication will be less than 100% efficient. Once we get to such a point I believe the human life will progress. Because the person on the ground who watched their child, father, sister, wife, etc. die will be able to put the person who killed them into the shoes of the bereaved. That kind of feeling and sentiment is some pretty powerful stuff. The whole collective level of consideration, compassion, empathy will increase exponentially among the whole populous. Wouldn't that be nice? I think that it would be.

Despite our current inefficient state, things seem to be getting better. At least among my circle. But chew on this. We think that the world is becoming more progressive, however, it seems that the people [many people and in a general sense] that are spawning more people are from less educated, more supersticious, less wealthy, more populated areas. The population is declining in the more rationale [supposedly] and more developed states, or regions. The more rationale is a debatable description, but essentially a general truth for our purposes.

For example, East Timor is growing at 2.08% but is the poorest country in the world with a GDP per capita is $400-500 and their unemployment is at 50%

Further, Somalia is at 2.75% growth with GDP hovering at a blustery $500-600.

2-3% doesn't seem like much, and after infant mortality and life expectancy figured in, well it really ain't much. But look at some of these numbers...

U.S. is growing at a whopping, .91% with a GDP of $41,800. Germany's growth is -.02%, yes that is a minus, they are actually shrinking, their GDP is at $30,400. These countries contain, but are certainly and not necessarily run by un-self-serving and rational leaders. These countries have high levels of secondary and tertiary education such that people from all over the world, many elite, send their children here to be educated.

My point, and I will support this theory with additional resources, is that the world of more easily swayed people to fanaticism is on the growth, while those more rational, finding that less children is the answer, or in some cases no children, for them. The world is growing less capable of supporting habitability for increasing populations. We know that the world is warming, however, we don't know if the effects of that warming will be a massive and gradual cooling, a rapid cooling, a massive and irreversible warming, or what. We just don't know. What they do know, what we know, is that we had better make some changes. Having more children in over-populated areas, consuming more energy, giving less back, is not the answer.

Moving forward... on to the predominatly Catholic countries we can see some interesting results.

The Philipines-Growth: 1.8%, GDP: $5,100, Religion: 89% Roman Catholic
Mexico-Growth: 1.16%, GDP: $10,000, Religion: 80.9% Roman Catholic
Ireland-Growth: 1.15%, GDP: $41,000, Religion: 88.4% Roman Catholic
Guatemala-Growth: 2.27%, GDP: $4,700, Religion: Almost entirely Roman Catholic.

Basically, if I had more time today, and when I have more time later I will project further numbers to show that the Catholic church's current move to relax their long standing policy against the use of contraception {see also CFFC[Catholics for a Free Choice]} not only necessary to long term sustainability of the planet, but it is rational for people to do more than just procreate. Think about how much happier Hitler and Saddam would have been with a little hot lovin', am I right?

So, anyway, I have to split. I have a motion for summary judgment to discuss with a colleague and a sandwich to pick up for my wife.

I would also like to thank Hasselhof for the sweet line...
"Kickin' Ass with Class!"

No comments: